CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 31

2nd In Class, 3rd In Level

Whoo Hoo! It's the start of the holidays, which means no school, no work, just play! I just got home from scout camp yesterday night (the camp was supposed to end today, but I was released early due to a math olympiad exam happening tmr). Anyways, I'm not really gonna study for it cos' I'm not really in the mood, and plus, I doubt I would even be able to answer a quarter of the questions, so I'm not really gonna try.

Moving on...As the title of this post states, I am 2nd in class and third in level. Though I'm very satisfied with this unexpected result (I didn't study to my maximum capacity), I do not want to brag as this year is streaming year, and me being at such a high position puts me in a situation where I have little chance to move up, but a ton of chances to move down! So 3SA (Secondary 3 top class), here I come! I know that sounds a bit corny and childish but... moving on...

Ok, so here's roughly what I did at scout camp:

1st day - Arrive at camp, put up flag pole, lunch?, play COMBAT SKIRMISH**(laser tag), play ZORBING*(big hamster ball), dinner.

2nd day - Breakfast*, carry heavy equipment? for Flying Fox, build Flying Fox, outdoor cooking lunch?, continue building?, night hike and dinner.

3rd day - Breakfast, Prawning OR Prawn Fishing**, steam prawns for lunch***(total 21 caught, I caught 4), continue building?Flying Fox, play Flying fox, dismantle Flying Fox?, dinner, campfire, "MY BIG ESCAPE"***

4th day - There is supposed to be a fourth day, which is for packing and cleaning the campsite, but I'm home now, so lucky for me!

*=EXTRA FUN/LOVED IT
?=HATED IT/FAILED

Well as a whole, the camp was very fun and activity-packed. But if you didn't notice, days 2 & 3 revolved mainly around the Flying Fox, so that was the part of the camp that sucked. Also, my patrol leader stabbed himself in the thigh (not too serious) with a chopping knife cos' he was attempting to cut a pineapple in the dark (against our advice) and misaimed. The campsite was horrendous as the whole place was covered with tall grass, and we had to walk a very long distance from our tents to the assembly area, so I'm covered with rashes and insect bites!

Well ok, I think I squeezed enough excitement in one post, so bye! By the way, I'm going on a class trip to Vietnam this Wednesday for five days, so you won't be hearing from me till I return. Bye again!

0 comments: